Monday, November 17, 2008

And so, we begin...

Good afternoon, Internet.

Yes, this is rather soon after my previous post. But this post is not an examination of anything but myself.

I quite enjoy writing. I would go so far as to say I love writing. And now, since I have discovered that I can't return to college until next September, I must get a job. And I will endeavour to make sure it is one in writing.

And so, tonight, I will begin my work. A pitch to 2000 AD. An idea for a story arc. If it is accepted, well and good. If it is not, well, I'll try again.

For what else is there to life, but effort? We struggle and scrimp and scrape... but I digress from my original intention. Tonight, I begin work on... The Fury. I will keep you updated, if that is what you wish. If it is not, then I won't waste your time.

Until next time,

Your servant,

Donal

P.S. I notice I have yet to stop talking like Troughton. Hmmmmm...

1 comment:

Sam said...

Ahoy thar, 'tis Samface from STCO. Just found this fine place linked in your sig, it intrigues me strangely.

Good luck on the 2000AD pitch!

Also, you should totally keep up the Troughton-talk for a while then regenerate your prose to Pertwee and work from there.